Friday, October 18, 2013

Dog Training

As you  know  back in May Bubby got a puppy for his birthday. What started out as a cute little fur ball. 
 Has ended up the size of a small elephant.
Training has not been  the easiest task I have ever undertaken. He is stubborn and has a case of doggy ADHD. Now don't get me wrong I love my Dumb Puppy. Even though he has chewed just about everything I own. I figure mostly because he has no toys at all to play with (see above photo).  
After reading the Dog Training Basics All In One Start up Guide I picked up a few tips to help me with my struggle.  We had already been working on basic commands and he has been doing really well with Sit, Down, and Stay. He seems to be reward motivated and will do just  about anything for a treat or his favorite toy.  Although the book does not go into great detail on specifics it is a good starting point in helping you decide what training method  would work for your dog. 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment